NEW YORK Movement Workshops
The Movement Workshop covers BETTER body mechanics and movement patterns in order to decrease injury potential, increase efficiency and extend career longevity. Time will be spent practicing four basic movement patterns: hinge, squat, push and pull, along with kneeling patterns, rotation and core stability. Each participant will leave with tips to improve their overall movement health + wellness. Q&A session.
*These Movement Workshops are FREE of cost to farmers and farmworkers in New York.
2023 Movement Workshops funded by:
- Northeast Extension Risk Management Education (ERME) supported by USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) under Award Number 2021-70027-34693, awarded to Labor-Movement LLC.
DATES, TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- Wednesday, September 20, 4:00-6:00 pm, Sky High Farm, 675 Hall Hill Road, Pine Plains, NY
- Thursday, September 21, 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Chester Agricultural Center, 8 Greycourt Ave, Chester, NY THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL.
- Friday, September 29, 3:00-5:00 pm, Sweet Freedom Farm, Germantown, NY
LIMIT: 15 participants per event.
COST: $0 for New York farmers and farm workers
* Please check your Junk/Spam Email for confirmation email.
A second email will be sent with pre-workshop survey & location information.
** Pre-workshop survey submission required as part of Northeast ERME grant project.